Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Dumping liberty...

A cold morning...

Cold because the air conditioner is working with reckless abandon. I sit across from where its vents blow cold air towards my direction.

I am asking myself th more obvious questions.
You know the ones that always get me back to square one. The ones where I question anything (okay nearly everything) and everything (not quite everything).

As I must have mentioned in an earlier post - I'm going to hit the big 3-0 soon and it is a time for sober reflection. It is one of those days when you realize just how transitive life is - how utterly ordinary it can be and just how EASILY it can come to an end...

There is really no fireworks or clash of cymbals...

I'm question who invented a work system that makes slaves out of all of us...
To pay the bills and to live independently - you likely answer in defense of this system.

What life do you think you have left after scurrying around like a drowning rat from 8 - 5 (in truth most of us tend to give more than this standard time and yet life goes on unnoticed until you find that you've stopped seeing your feet (thick bulging mid-section) and every time you attempt to bend down someone has to help you back up...

Signs of life passing...
seeping away - drip, drip, drip, drip until even this ends...

The question that has constantly haunted my mind is: how can I gain true Liberty?

No comments: