Thursday, October 04, 2007

I am not going to stand here and wait...

The first post for October - suddenly one is aware of the end of the year like a persistent boil on your posterior end. You are sorely reminded of its presence every time you sit down - ouch!

Independence day (1st of October) - I woke up to one of the most scenic experiences that I've ever had the distinct pleasure of witnessing.

The weather was so beautiful it would have made your eyes misty just to take in a sky so blue and so serene - it pulled your heart strings and made you so glad to be alive.

It was so peaceful like the fates had decided to be gracious... the sun beat down gently as if it was bestowing blessings and promises of good tidings...

It gave me some measure of hope for this country and I at once could appreciate the many recent events in their proper perspective - I didn't have to rush to work in the incessant traffic conditions that is the bane of Lagosians...

Alas the day came and went and life returned to "Normal" or should I say "Abnormal"

What can we look forward to?

Your guess is as good as mine - I'm just here for the ride!

What defines true happiness? What defines fulfillment or contentment? What are the parameters that one can use to deduce a state of inner tranquility?

When anyone manages to stumble across an answer - PLEASE share... I'll be very much obliged.

Ps...
Sorry for my irregular postings - time and tide have been very impatient with my schedules but I aim to make up...

No comments: