Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The onset of unfaithfulness

Why is it so hard to remain faithful?

Anyone out there could rationalize on the reasons and probably be partially right or wrong as the case may be.

Let's see if we can come up with a couple of reasons of our own:
  1. Human nature
  2. The way of the world
  3. Morals have gone to the dogs
  4. Generation next
  5. Media - TV, Radio, cable, Internet, Magazines
  6. etc.
As you can see that wasn't a bad trial for warm ups.

But really - seriously why are we unfaithful?

Why are we
Unfaithful to our convictions...
Unfaithful to your Ideals...
Unfaithful to our utterances...
Unfaithful to our morals...
Unfaithful to others and finally unfaithful to ourselves.

Case in point:

I'm a married man with a lovely wife and a kid or two.
I happen to observe the bounty of female flesh all around - work, club, church...
But I happen to stay glued to my wife because - "I love her..."

But then one day...

This very ordinary damsel who I happen to have known for quite some time in a very simple capacity suddenly starts what could be classed as being friendly. We move from casual acquaintances to friends until the boundaries between friendship and lovers becomes very blurred indeed...

Months into the affair - we can't break up due to the bonds of guilt that keep us together.
My wife is still none the wiser and I manage to keep her in the dark on the issue of my infidelity.

Does this make me a better person - even with the way such an affair blossomed - it was wrong to continue it and equally wrong to keep it from my wife...

But did I stop?
Did I try to become a better person?
Did I try to tell my wife of my cheating ways?

What was your answer?

This hypothetical situation could be applied to any of us in any circumstance - it doesn't always or only apply to marriages or relationships...

Faith is a sacred trust - quite different from hope.
So to become unfaithful is to break that sacred trust and face the consequences that abound thereof...

That said - remain faithful

No comments: