Monday, January 01, 2007

a new day - a new dawn...

I am here at my desk.
Time is a little after 5:00 am in the morning and I'm wondering where it all went...
Yesterday - I'm pretty damn sure was 2006 and by the sheer passage of time
(plus or minus 5 hours) I have been ushered into a new year.

There were no explosions or the sound of heavenly trumpets - it was time in its usual state doing what it did best.

Pause and reflect.

I had planned a quiet night in the office - looking through my thoughs like old pieces of paper and refocus my efforts for the new year - make better plans, goals, objectives etc.

What did I know...

I spoke with Faizah last year(okay - yesterday) and I had to ask myself why I set myself up for a fall each time - i want to hate her, it would be so easy to do so and yet - like the proverbial moth drawn to a flame, i choose to return - my fate is clear!

There's every likelyhood that i am the one who will be hurt in the long run...
Who am I fooling?

Chase her away.
Clear her from your thoughts, scatter her memories to the four winds - I had succeded in pushing her to one side of my mind.
And then out of nowhere - like the wail of the sirens, she calls and in my foolish state, I answer - it is so obvious that I am so attracted to mental agony & pain.

What do I feel for her?
I REFUSE - to call it love, I refuse to label it as an infatuation, I'll won't bother referring to it as an obsession.

I am so happy that her life is moving along so smoothly - it was and still is my most feverent wish that she prospers and moves from strength to strength.

I no longer dream of her but she sticks in my mind like a leech...

Ladies and gentle men - that was the lament of patrick (PHATPRICK) - take no notice what so ever, he is only trying to get your attention...

Anyway - I will have a year of fufillment, a year of upliftment but if the statistics is anything to go by - so do 150 million nigerians (Plus or minus some)

Anyway - happy new year!
May your dreams be fufilled, may your path be lit with the light of direction, may your perseverance and persistence of spirit be ever burning...

May your dreams come to life and give birth to dreams of their own...

Amen...

Happy new year once again!

No comments: