Thursday, November 23, 2006

with much longing...

I am writing this entry in a bit of a mixed mood.
A part of me is somewhat pensive and another is somewhat melanconic.

Reason: this thing we call life.

I read somewhere that life is what you fail to notice when chasing something else...
It is the faceless hermit, the homeless tramp - it is all around you and yet - you fail to see it.

That said - I'm off to the east this friday for a wedding.
A former and rather successful (another reason for my feeling the way I feel) classmate of mine - infact two former classmates of mine are finally walking down that lonely road called marriage with each other as partners...
Good Luck!!!

It suddenly hits you that in a space of five years alot of the old boys and gals are finally settling down - getting hitched and pronouncing their vows of "I do..."

A question more along the path of digression:
Are there any folks out there who have openly said: "I don't?"

I wonder about me.
When will I walk down the pathway of respectability? Is there a right time?

It will be an oppurtunity to meet up with a lot of folks one hasn't seen for years...
It may be both the beginning and end for alot of us.

I'll leave my thoughts for another day...

Regards
Chinedu

No comments: