Saturday, November 18, 2006

A lesson in what could have been...

It's 4:25 am on saturday morning, I am dozing in my seat - a brief attempt to close my eyes for a "nap" leaves me grasping at nothing... Sleep is really needed!

I was at the opening of the Nigerian Breweries sponsored AMBO2 event by the virtue of an invitation extended to me by Alvina.
It happened to be some kind of talent show for would be actors.

Frankly... I was there to watch out for a friend of mine - Temple.

He most definitely stood out - he was bigger than every other contestant and stood out like some kind of guardian, crazy hair style, affected baritone voice - okay it was too obvious, so?

Alas, it was not meant to be - he was not granted a chance...
Maybe it was for the right reasons (alright, I confess to being somewhat biased - so sue me!)
I wish that things had turned out differently for him...
But who knows? Miss the small opening and join the gala nite celebrations. never say never!

Anyway - out of 50,000 thousand entries the selection was finally narrowed down to 20 of which only ten would enter the AMBO2 house for 21 days and a winner should emerge after 21 days... those final ten (10) where chosen that nite.

I must frankly applaud the bravery and talent displayed by so many - those seen and unseen.
Fate is a lady that favours the bold but more importantly she likes the persistent - the bottom line is to never give up!

That said - I consider it a worthwhile honour to know Temple and I confess that he is a bundle of raw talent and he is destined to go places - it is only a matter of time.

Still I could not help but wonder... what if he got into the house?

Forced to come back to the office and spend the night - it would have been dangerous to go back to my place and I frankly didn't have it in me to do so anyway...

I had thought that the hot cup of lipton tea would help to keep my eyes wide open but...
It worked for some time and then I noticed that my eye lids kept up a losing battle to remain open - they fluttered shut on their own accord.

Would love to drop off - my eye balls feel like a weight is lying directly behind them... Sleep?


Later

No comments: