Thursday, February 09, 2006

Welcome back to the sess pits... (smells, sounds and everything else...)

Back to Lagos - the city where u sleep with one eye open always.

I came in queitly on a bus from the east - my vacation ended and I was ready to resume the day to day hustling and challenges that are a part of all (okay - almost all) Lagos denziens...

The lack of electricity, commonly referred to by the name of the utiltity company (in our case: NEPA or the new PHCN) was a welcoming gift to remind me that I was back to the hustle and bustle of lagos life and that I was to expect no quaters...

As i said before, this city is the home to intrigue, mysteries and adventures that will send your adrenaline levels spiking for heights that would be considered dangerous elsewhere - but Lagos is not elsewhere - It is simply Lagos!

I'm also back to work - I was welcomed with relief and complaints of how bad business has been for some time now...

(we've had to change our internet service provider, which is a tale in itself best left for another time.)

Do i sound disconsolate when describing lagos?
U just have to bear with me - It is the kind of place you must visit as it defies every logical explanation you think you have... It must be experienced and felt rather than described.

Anyway - i just wanted to fill u in, the vacation was heavenly.
I gained weight to my utter delight, rested and toned my muscles - all to my hearts content.

If I sound happy, I wish you could have seen me three weeks ago - thinking and working will waste you to the bones (scarecrow...)

Anyway - just wanted to check in...

regards

No comments: