Wednesday, January 04, 2006

hero of the day... (you decide...)

Since the new year celebrations where kindly exetended to the 2nd to accomodate extra celebrations - the day, which kindly fell on a monday, the first working day of the week - was viewed and greeted with sighs of relief.

While some went about their normal business, others partied or slept or kept indoors or ate themselves into obesity (your pick!) But for some people, who had their homes and places of abode, demolished - it was a very dark and discouraging way to enter the year 2006.

For me, it was a day spent in quiet solitude, I woke up and started preparations to head for my business... i have been there ever since - today's wednesday and I'm still at the muck but very happy with the way things are going.

My partner's handling himself very well, inspite of the many challenges he has faced setting up and running his business- (he's still the pay master of this operation) and I'm grateful for the chance to make money and gain invaluable experience...

There are of course days when you shit pellets of steel and stone, days when the world's at peace with you and you're at peace with the world and days that are just that - days.

regardless - my motto's simple - if it doesn't kill you, it'll only make you stronger!

No comments: