Tuesday, December 27, 2005

post-christmas, pre new year - what the heck?

On the 24th of December - I was in a black, foul mood. The night was most unforgiving - I had come back from work rather reluctantly, thoughts swimming through my head, the future was not very bright and I was indulging in some self pity (my own undoing!)

Anyway, I come back home contemplating so much stuff - I'm worried that the year is almost ended and I have nothing (Or so I think) to show for it as compared to what most of my friends and former school mates are currently doing...

It is no mean feat to examine your convictions and see that you are going nowhere (or so you think).
By the 25th after a nite's sleep - I had somewhat made peace with myself and just made my way to church (to make my peace with God!)

The 26th met me at home - I was too lazy to go anywhere and I was content to eat, sleep, watch some films, play age of mythology and generally laze around.

Today - I'm infront of the computer, pouring my thoughts out and generally trying to come to terms with my expectations for the new year - What's my driving force for 2006?
What do I need to achieve? Where will I be at the end of 2006?

Regardless of the future, my plan is to be better prepared to take advantage of any oppurtunities that will arise...

Wishing all - a pleasant holiday season, full of happiness, laughter and good cheer for this new year that's upon us.

Shalom

No comments: