Friday, December 23, 2005

2 days to christmas...

Soft curly hair.
The smell of Johnson's baby powder was ripe in my nostrils and I kept taking in lungs full of air to keep the heavenly scent of the baby within my lungs...

Three months old kristine - a bundle of joy that had me acting the role of uncle.
(too soon but not soon enough)

She was fast asleep on my shoulders, breathing in gentle little movements - what would she be in future?
A legislator (wish on...), Senator (wild dreams), Minister (there appears to be a conscious drift towards her being placed in a position of power: I'm a nigerian, dammit!)

I look up into the horizion - a gentle smile on my proud afro-lips - whatever pathway taken, she remains a bundle of joy to me....

SNAP OUT OF IT!
I was just trying to test my powers of story telling. Not written anything in quite awhile so I had to make sure that I could still spew forth some good gibberish...

2 days to christmas (falls on a sunday) - the Federal Government (Nigeria's) has decided to grant a 2 day, public holiday to facilitate celebrations...

The new year's a week after that - I wonder what I can look forward to in 2006 (apart from growing older)... I'm very sure that many very good things are going to happen for all of us...

the basic shit: Life moves on!

Just to fill you ina and let you know that I'm still hanging out at the beach (sand, fish and water)

later!@**

No comments: