Wednesday, December 21, 2005

the human mind - what's to like?

I've made a vow - that I intend to support charities and people in desperate situations/conditions - this decision was based on recent events, which occured on my way to work. I encountered a woman who had some very serious illness (I've refused to give it a name, even though one easily comes to mind.)

She was gaunt, to the point of looking like a scarecrow - railroad thin and with several abrasions or sores (i couldn't be too sure). She equally apperaed very weak and it took some effort from her and another fellow behind her to get on the bus to obalende. She was directed to a sit where she sat down and

On the bus, she sits silently (debating with herself on how to ask for financial assistance), whe she finally got the nerve - she started by asking those near her...

It became apparent that help was going to be sparse - although I gave her some cash, I felt very bad; No make that Rotten - I felt very rotten & troubled that I lacked the courage and moral conviction to help some more, maybe by being her voice - reaching out to the other commuters on the bus - which I'm very sure would have been a better form of assistance than giving her just cash.

Her case represents just one of the very many - society (made up of the likes of me), ignores and tries hard to deny the presence of such people because it's convenient to do so. We pretend they don't exist and do our best to give small meaningless sums of money to comfort our consciences - keep its yelp down to a manageable whisper...

Are we better for it or worse off?
It's a step in the direction of our "self destruction".
Our Humanity's on trial and is being compromised on the grounds of greed, selfish interests and self preservation but we're to blind to see because we like - no prefer chasing shadows - money, fame and fortune, wealth, beauty, clout etc [BullShit*@!] all for what? To what purpose or end?

I Have vowed to use my wealth and intelligence to serve people around me who need help, assistance...

I hope to stand by my words or I may have no honor left...

ciao people

Ps: keep the reason for the saeson firmly in mind - me, I plan to suck on the seeds of self inspection and internal examination - who knows what I'll see?

Regards

No comments: