Thursday, December 29, 2005

hyper - TENSION... Worry, WORRY and more worry

Imagine the grief!
I woke up today, bright and early to make some money for myself and my partner - I opened and promptly setup shop, awaiting the first customer of the day... Who did indeed show up but it was not to be.... Our internet connection was still acting up and we were expecting the engineers, who did show up at about 12:00pm...

The recurrent problem from yesterday - out internet connection "timing out" was dealt with today - although it took till 6:20 pm before we could finally be said to be in operation!
I'm just about flamed out with worry & grief!

The way business was going today, I could have sworn that some celestial being was laughing at my expense and my poor nerves are all but worn thin by the constant worry and palatable tension that was so thick you could just about slice it with a knife. I'm just at the point where I'm asking myself why? (the waiting doesn't come easy either, infact that's the hardest part!)
NEPA (now called power holdings companyNigeria) was here today - branishing their usual threats of disconnecting the electricity. They initially went ahead with the threat but later put us back after "some grease"...


My financial state is nothing to write home about - I'm about down to my last two thousand naira and I'm wondering where all my cash went to.

I would like the reassurance that sufficient, well planned capital injected into this business would provide for me... My teeth are constantly on edge and I worry more than I care to admit...

My capital investment in the business is not much and maybe that's why I feel so rudderless - waiting for my ship to make it to shore by some miracle... If I was more committed (financially) - I would be in a better position to make my suggestions known & felt.
This open today, closed tomorrow mentality's killing me! I hate it even more that I can't seem to harness capital (friends & relatives are being slow)

New year approaches on the horizion - like sunrise, eagerly anticipated by some and feared by the rest. I look to its approach with a mixed bag of feelings. On one hand, I hope that things will fall into place, on the other hand - I'm fearful...

I definitely need a break!

I needed to get that off my chest - I'm looking for investments, anyone interested?

ciao...

No comments: