Saturday, November 12, 2005

The twilight zone - blurry and unclear...

I survived a week that had me sick with wait for this one: Stress! I never envisioned that the doctor would end up giving me that kind of prognosis - a young, vibrant and enterprising man - (Enough with the self-praise already...)
I ended up the week getting an offer to work in one of those companies that I would have salivated over a couple of years back but on a temporary basis and the pay was somewhat non inspiring but I would have gone for it if not for my commitment with CHUDE! (The conscience is a pain in the butt, but on a lighter note where would one be without it....)

I had a headache that was worry some - it started ordinarily and progressed into a kind of cranial pounding the likes of which I have never quite witnessed before, combined with my cold and later cough - I was worried that I had come down with the FLU...
The Left frontal lobe of my brain was doing a gentle dance that got progressively worse - then it goes to some point in my neck and back again like some yo-yo plus my near lack of sleep...
I was truly worried until the kind doctor questioned my work habits and made some healthy comments that I was expected to take full hilt - no questions asked...

I have been ordered to rest and I'm trying to do just that - three injections later, my ass feels kind of normal and I'm nursing my self back to full strength...

I'm also relocating (temporary in my mind of course) to Lagos - my friend, who happens to be the comntrolling partner of a company he wants me to manage on his behalf because of his job, sounded pissed with me on the fone and I do not truly and honestly blame the poor fellow...

I feel odd in a business relationship where I have no financial might to contribute and in Nigeria the business climate respects those who have a financially contributed something... Hence the reason for dragging my feet - maybe I feel that I lack the ability to manage someone's business - (No Guts, No Glory!)

Later folks...

No comments: