Saturday, November 05, 2005

Back in town - what's the status of my Game?

I just got in from the east - my brain is dizzy with the need to rest (better term is: fall asleep). I left on wednesday the 2nd of november - made enugu where I dropped off a message and then chanced a drop in at our family house at Ogui Road - my uncle reggie's around and I wanted to see him...

I didn't get that chance because he had gone out for his happy fun hour - Enugu's like a home to him - I spent maybe an hour or more then made for the bus park - destination Awka.

My Girlfriend's birthday was incidentally on the same 2nd of november so the trip was really all about her - a suprise that I gave away on my way to the east... I made awka finally by past seven in the evening and went about doing all those things that people acting -in-love (did I just use that word?) do...

I want to believe that the excitement was somewhat too much for me beacuse by the next day - I was feeling the strains of my wanderings very keenly - I had been having signs of FLU and by thursday, I felt totally wrecked...

Anyway, I go to Enugu on friday morning and hang out with my uncle and some of my cousins who showed up as an added bonus... So the trip in the long run was really worth it!

I'm back to tidy up and get the hell out of Abuja before tuesday...
Just wanted to check in and relate...
Nigerians are finally moving on with their lives after the double tragedy - the insurance companies are paying the families of the passengers who where onboard the ill fated flight $10,000 each (x 117 passengers) - quite a lumpy sum of money... Probably cause some in fighting within the families as to who has rights to the cash...

later folks...

No comments: