Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Lagos is my new home apparently...

To keep away from a theraputic meduim like www. blogger.com felt like I had forgotten to take my heart medication... I really missed the chance to write the most recent happenings, which incidentally has pilled up into a two week absence...
I left abuja at the end of my contract. An offer was made by another organisation but I declined out of a sense of moral duty (who am I fooling?)

Current Appraisal:

I'm in lagos - new environment, new circumstances... New job, new oppurtunities...
I'm still trying to make adjustments... I've left three years of Abuja behind and I'm wondering where this new boat ride will take me... my friend must be wondering what sort of person I am - I've made no attempt to call anyone who I left in abuja and It makes me wonder about myself...

I'm in a new business partnership - we are to launch a web portal and a host of other services by next year. I'm commited but I would like to be thoroughly obssessed by it. I would want it to take over my waking and sleeping moments - consume me from inside out until it is virtually all I can think about and it (my vision) becomes a success.

I'm reading a book by Napoleon hill, the title: Think & Grow Rich!
Very ambitious but very practical and laudable... We actually need books with such thinking - for a book published in the 1960's it must have created quite a stir.
It appears hard at first to fathom the books logic but slowly your thinking and perceptions begin to gradually change... afterall, as human beings - we're shaped by our environment, society and the things which we interact with constantly and consistently....

We're still in th beginning stages but my vision for where we will to be very soon - just glazes the mind, mine at least.

I'm looking for partners who share the need to empower themselves economically - are you interested?

By the way, november ends today - 2005 almost out of the window...

What next?

regards fellow denziens...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had the book 'Think and Grow Rich' sitting on my book shelf for a couple of years now. I just never have gotten round to reading it but now I think I will. I worked in Abuja as well for a couple of years and I missed it sorely when I had to leave to move back to Lagos. I absolutely loved Abuja but I wonder if it is anything like it used to be when I was there ... 8 years ago. I bet it's changed loads!