Monday, April 11, 2005

Long time... is that a hail of stones I see coming?

dear audience...

Absence they say creates fondness - I risk getting a broken head by my last phrase but what can I do? I have been back for sometime (one week plus) and have been trying to settle into my life in abuja before I get that itch to elope to the east again...
For now, i am wrapped up in the means to define the question of how to finance my trip back to the east?
I had some private runs lined up but the financial aspect appears elusive - I don't plan to worry too much, apart from my teaching job (with a verbal agreeement - I tried to shy away from naming a price), there are other options...

Guess what?
Nwanneka is around - apparently, boredom has gotten her so tied up in activity that she has decided to run rings around the country or at least a part of the country - her route appears to be Lagos ----> Enugu ----> Abuja...

I haven't actually seen her but I wish to assume that she's fine and settling in to her new environment...

By the way, the pope's dead and buried and the body of cardinals have gone into conclave to select a new pope... I wonder where the choice will finally settle...

Also, i long time friend while in the university makes a sudden reapperance, I'm suprised beyond words and cannot believe it - I'm still waiting to decide if it's one big dream...

Also, my friend - daniel's wedding is still looming ahead of us... I find that I'm a bit frightened but I think the chap knows what he is doing so there goes that...

Hope to keep my pen moving at a later date... Till then, people
This is me, signing off...

chinedu

No comments: