Saturday, October 16, 2004

I'm back... Near yet far from u all...

I should be shot! Brutalized - hanged, fed to the jackals...
I don't know what came over me but methinks it's gone! I can't believe that I kept away from this pervasive medium of expression (no wonder I was feeling cranky for that length of time...), this miracle of the modern millenium...

To err is only human, to forgive - that's asking for a lot but I'm determined to beg, plead or do what ever it takes to get me back into your good books...
So much for my efforts...

I've been away for almost a month yet it feels almost like I left yesterday... The rains are trying to announce the end of their sojourn with us and the intensity of the sun is like moving into your oven... Welcoming the dry season.

Recently, events have proven beyond reasonable doubt that weather or should I say climatic conditions are going haywire... Recent Typhoons, Hurricanes and gale winds the likes of which only holloywood creates have come to hunt us for real...
As if that's not enough, a swarm of locusts, breeding with an intensity that we can only imagine is carving a path across some parts of Europe, Asia and North Africa - leaving devastation in its wake... Stripping all available vegetation in its way bare...

Also...
In Nigeria - citizens are recently emerging from the bunkers due to a four day warning strike initiated by a coalition of labour organisations - a sit @ home strike that left the nation in a state of paralyisis... Abandoned streets and work places.
Reason - recent hike in petroluem product pricing - based on the price in the international market - which is now above $50...
The irony can't be lost, when u wonder why a country that produces crude oil for the international market still has to import refined petroleum products into the country for domestic use... especially when the President, initiated a ban on importations... ironies of Nigeria! Don't get me started!

Good to be back - missed the lot of you; what's a man without his muse - eh!
Till later - which is a lot sooner than u think,
regards


No comments: