Monday, August 02, 2004

Effects of depression...

here and now:

Yes... I admit that I don't keep appointments when and where due but I'm only human...

My errors are about to be rectified. I'm currently in lagos - that land of blissful chaos that sets the teeth of any persistent fellow on the EDGE - Permanently! (No Joke!)

History & Background:
Lagos - is a jungle, a dense city that supports an estimated population of ten(10) million people, in a very small space... It is ranked as the tenth most populous state in the world and the traffic situation here makes you swear never to drive a car throughout ya entire life...

People are naturally suspicious and are out to make a buck anyway that they can... The average joe - is looking for an oppurtunity to rip off an unsuspecting victim (who is refered to as a MUGU)

The state is located by the sea and is the major commercial hub of the country... That said we can go back to the issue at hand, which is:

I came in on sunday, after a very eventful journey - call it fate in action...

Anyway....

In lagos, I come across a depressed member of my family (not a direct relation) who due to the recent events in her life has taken the oath of non-communication...

The mentality it seems is: One step forward, then you throw the gear in reverse and keep it that way for a very long time.
Anyway, to say that I was nearly heart broken was putting it very mildly indeed. I grew up with this lady as my second mother - her home was my home... To see her in such a state was a shock!!!

I'm still trying to come to terms with her current state - I know that she'll overcome this but I'm scared shitless.
I feel so powerless, I can't seem to help her in any way. Maybe It's only a state of mind but by God - you have to have an experience like this to know what it feels like!!!

Anyway, I'm in town for the week - so I know that definite improvements Will come - the question's when.

On a bright note - Life's as it should be - Some good, some bad - some in between...

Later - as in 'soon'

No comments: