Monday, November 05, 2007

Salsa...

The word is out.

The name of the game is dancing (salsa dancing to be precise) and I am committed to doing this every Wednesday and Friday at a location not far from my office.

I actually look forward to these two days of every week and find myself practicing my beginner steps on impulse when the feeling comes over me.

Salsa - some form of dancing that seems to me more like a spiritual exercise.
The movements are basic but variations are applied by each dancer to add her or his unique style. It is like a form of personal expression.

I wonder why we don't have more of these sponsored social events - dance classes etc.

I wonder why we don't take the time or make the time to relax - to unwind and find a semblance of peace from the stresses of daily living.

I was introduced by someone who made the experience all the more inviting - her name is ezinne and it was one of the best presents ever offered to me by anyone.

I secretly love to dance and sing and any chance that gives or grants me that opportunity is so welcome. It is like a health tonic that restores balance and allows me to express some of my repressed feelings and emotions.

I love to dance - it is that simple.

No comments: