Tuesday, November 13, 2007

If Only I had more time...

To say the obvious phrases such as - I love you. or You mean the world to me or You are special...

You may think such words are squishy or inappropriate but they deliver our concerns and feelings for a person, or event or situation...

Maybe we've learnt to hide behind nondescript words - or meaningless jabber that conveys little or nothing. Ultimately it is our consistent actions that tell the true tale - it paints a better picture of who we really are inspite of our words or a lack of them...

I spoke of reason, I spoke of love but what did I give in return - who did I show love to? And to what purpose or end?

We have become creatures of ambiguity, hiding behind words and actions that mask our true intentions while we pretend to fit in...

Does it matter, you ask?
Yes it does - in the long run it does matter.
Maybe not today, maybe not in the immediate future but it will matter.

How many times have I held up my own adage of the mirror - because I was afraid to give more than I got? How many times did I require proof of loyalty or friendship or affection or love before I gave something back in return...

How many times did I hold back at being a better person because it wasn't in my best interests?
How may times did I display my selfish ambitions and desires for my own wishes without any consideration for another person or party?

How many times did I squander a golden opportunity just because I wasn't "ready" or too "afraid" to try?

How many times did I sit by and casually allow an unfortunate soul to wander around in desperate need of help? I cannot count anymore - I have long given up.

As my life ebbs away - I am reminded that there is more to this life than just living.
I am reminded that there is a reason and purpose for my existence than just following the "trend"...

I am forced to observe humanity critically and to conclude that we are here for a better reason than just going through habits and motions in our respective lives...

Live more, Love more, Fail more, Risk more, Try more...

Life is that: Life
We are a race that has defined our history, defined our environment, defined our expectations - it is our responsibility to define or future. One doesn't define the future by doing the same old things in the same old way...

Challenge it, confront it...

Take life by the balls and give it a vigorous shake and see what you end up with.

My prayers are to love more, to live more and see life as the adventure that it is...

1 comment:

Refinedone said...

Live more, Love more, Fail more, Risk more, Try more...

I love that and God knows I try to live that...

but like you said... humanity has a way of stopping one from expressing ones self, with out putting in a box or jurging it/them

I have decided to just be ME! and "Live more, Love more, Fail more, Risk more, Try more"

Love this post! :)