Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Is it truly worth it?

I learnt a rather sad tale today...

Someone I know recently lost his life and will be buried tomorrow.
A bright and fun guy - I envied the way he set out to enjoy and define his life...

I saw a bit of what I lacked in him - he was from a comfortable family (very comfortable) but he had a pretty good head on his shoulders. He could keep friends and within limits helped out where he could without fuss or favour.

I was afraid because - Another friend of mine had been travelled with him and I was afraid that I would hear that this friend of mine had been involved in the accident...
Apparently my friend was in another location.

I shudder to think of the loss of so bright a potential.
I still remember his smile and his willing ways and yet I say to myself - what if?

That's life and the lesson learnt...

It can be taken away in an instant...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahso! i Lykts una blolog! kepts its ups!