Thursday, November 02, 2006

Testing the waters of story telling... What do u think?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
maybe it was the way i spoke...

maybe it was the look in my eye that spoke of an obstinate passion.
Maybe it was just me.
Whatever it was - I was totally unprepared for the slap across my face.

It left me dazed for a 30 second interval - long enough for me to momentarily forget my name.

Ahh... My name's... Chinedu!
There - I remember!

She was still livid with anger and from the look on her face, contemplating slapping me again - her logic was probably that the first one hadn't done the trick.
I was quick to step out of harm's way especially when it came to an emotion unstable female.
Did I just say that?

WHACK!

The second slap landed on my left cheek and I forgot the rest of my personal details.
I was stunned senseless and black dots started dancing in front of my eyes...
She was worked up - really excited now and looked like she was close to giving me a third...

Like a buzz, I made for the safety of a partition - anything that would act like a barrier to keep her away from me...

Ahh - safety at last! A table.

I made for the table and stayed away from the reaches of her hands, while trying to marshal my scattered thoughts. Random images swirled around in my head, while I tried to sort out the best way to diffuse an already explosive situation.

Why did I have to do it to her?
Who was she?


I was pressed to the side of the office cabinet - in an apparent bid to keep myself safe.
She started to circle the table in an apparent bid to attack.
I had my back to the cabinet and the only way to escape was to go by her.

Trapped!

Did I fail to mention that she was bigger than I?
I'm no feather weight at 6 feet but she was both bigger and taller and seemed to get excited at inflicting violence.
The LORD is my shepherd - I shall not want...
...
He leadth me beside still waters - he RESTORETH my SOUL...
Even when i walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil (Okay, maybe just a little..)
My guy - I dey shake like water leaf!

Was this the end?
She advanced slowly - her fists raised to deliver the final blow...

Tears... mine or hers? Sniffling...
I'm confused initially as my eyes are tightly shut and I'm bent like a shrunken old tree - trying to dodge the inevitable assualt of an axe...

Suddenly, I feel a dead weight upon me - hands clasped around me - the sound of my name reaches my ears in a sing song manner as I taste the salty nectars of her tears...
I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!
Can it be? Have I been saved from utter annihilation?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... what do you think? Do I have anything to offer? Drop a comment.

No comments: