Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Only october...

Maybe i should just wait...

There are alot of what-if's... What if I was super-rich? What if I was dirt poor? What if I was a rodent (that particular fantasy always frightened me - because i have been privy to how people treat those that are unfortunately caught)

Anyway - I'm particularly glad that i have survived one full month in the cesspool of employment.
It pays the bills - and then some... But you're left to the mercy of the faceless entity who determines where, whom and why... If the faceless entity could be pinned to a face - you'd have a target for all the bile and frustration that comes with paid employment...

I'm beginning for instance to settle into this stage of "conformance - with norms".
I guess it happens to alot of people out there - it means that pretty soon, after working for two to three years (which zooms by pretty quickly) you start to feel the bug and pressure of age...
Questions abide in your mind (Am I where i should be? Am I successful as compared to my mates? is my family well catered for - for those who are married...)

The list is endless - meanwhile, time is gently inching by - one day you wake up and you have three children, a job that feels stifling, a morgage and a paycheck that barely covers the ink that wrote it...

Imagine despair...

The case reminds me of a tale:
A man went out and drank himself into the bottle...
Stoned and drunk to the extreme - he miraclously stumbled home and fell into bed - on waking up he sees a stange face and asks - who the heck are you?
the reply: I'm your wife!
he ponders the answer and then refrains - I must be having a nightmare and promptly goes back to sleep....

Moral: Reality is hard on the senses...

That said - we're in the last day of the month - 31st October - you may chose to review the month and note what happened, where you went wrong, what you did and didn't do?

We're entering the last lap of the year - novbember is a wind down month and december's just a flag point to indicate that you've survived till the end of the year...

So what else is new?

No comments: