Thursday, November 30, 2006

November has been bled dry... Welcome december!

I have just 40 minutes - plus or minus to rush out this missal for the end of november.

A summary point of the year - it is clear to all (At least, I hope it is) that the year is finally coming to an end - shy of one month.
What our collective thoughts of that should be is anyone's guess.
All I know is that come 30 minutes it will be the 1st of december 2006.

A review of the month isn't worth the words via this electonic meduim - sometimes, I have the feeling that my words are there floating around in time and space with little function or aim...

Maybe history will vindicate me - maybe not.
What I'm sure about is that these words will never win a prize but they will hold a snapshot of what my mind and thought processes where - a certain eon ago...
10 years from now - i may read my blog entry for today and laugh at my lofty aspirations - or maybe I may shed a tear for the young man that once was...

Back to the present day...

Do you ever have that feeling that inspite of your monthly retainer (what your company or organisation refers to as a salary) - you always seem to have financial problems?
Welcome to the club of "never enough"!

I recently joined the swelling member ship and was inducted with apparent gusto - I have been wailing silently because before the end of the month all manner of demands will be made from different sources - you keep juggling responsibility until...

Anyway, I looked at my financial to do list and I was frightened by the implication.
Maybe it's one more lesson in how to be a man - or better still how to survive as a Nigerian.

I look forward to december (no special reasons). I hope that it washes away the losses and sadness that has characterized much of the year.

As that famous saying said: If it doesn't kill you, It makes you stronger!

Shalom.

No comments: