Sunday, October 01, 2006

Embrace the future or stand back on the sidelines...

Where do you stand? (most likely very still!)
No need to rattle the cage that you call home.

Funny question considering how well your life is going? All peaches and roses.
For those of you who fall into the Optimistic camp (that is - the sun is shining out of my ass syndrome) - you have my blessings with a quick rejoinder thrown in: How the heck do you do it?

For those of you who claim to be Realists - what can I say?
If it smells like shit, tastes like shit - likely answer (obvious by now) is that IT IS SHIT!
(You say it as you see it, smell it and taste it!)

And as for the Pessimist (as Nicolas Cage put it: Shame on you!)

Life's a rollercoaster and the ride's always bumpy and full of hair raising moments.
There's no getting off except when you have to transmutate to feed the worms (Die!)
The cycle has been fairly consistent until science (always eager to show how it has advanced in the modern age) came up with ways to extend, improve or alter...
(All things considered, Death is the exit strategy!)

The future is here and now - staring us in the face.
We are more or less moving through life with little or no idea about the eventual outcome.
If life's a game then some people haven't read the rule book yet but assume that they'll "Get" it as they go along! Logic that is apparently only Human!

I am a master of my fate - the captain of my destiny in life's uncertain waters (what poetry - what hogwash!)
I wake up everyday to a sad reality (I am without a clue) as to where my life'll be in the next one minute (I try not to gaze too intently into the future).
I sometimes feel like a lab rat - going through a predetermined sequence designed by someone else - to me it seems that all is normal. But is it really?
Am I not perhaps pandering to someone's objective?

You must have heard the term: THE BIG PICTURE!
The question to really ask is that in the big scheme of things where do you fit in?
Are you merely a disposable and inconsequential part of the big picture.
An after thought, included because you happened to be available?

Fact:
I have no wish to be inconsequential - ever!
I believe that's why I love chess as a game. I'm not a particularly good player (I don't even play the game!) . But I feel that it develops your ability to think a certain number of steps ahead - to anticipate scenarios and develop counter measures (I sound like a spy! 007 to the rescue)

The ability to anticipate and develop strategies that counteract threats or diffcult scenarios will determine ultimately who reins as Top dog.

Guess what? That's my plan!

Later folks...

No comments: