Friday, January 12, 2007

Sleepy... Tired and wondering...

I slept badly.

Okay, I should probably amend that to I took a series of catnaps...
A scenario where you only snatch a few clicks of sleep is not exactly lovely. Added to the complex journey which brought me and my friend home last night because we (referring of course to that general body of ever-adapting people summarized in one simple word: Nigerians) are currently experiencing a "lack" of petrol, which has caused transportation costs to sky rocket and have left countless number of commuters littering the various bus stops.

I left my office at about 6:45 pm yesterday but I got home at about 9:00 pm - the reason is something that I refuse to go into - who knows, for those who are actually crazy, I would suggest a trip to Nigeria with a specific port of call (Lagos).
It is a place that constantly flirts with danger. Everything's a bet - and you're almost always the loser...

But as my friend Danny Ocean(Ocean's eleven) put it: the house always wins...

I am pretty darn sure that the experience will be one you'll not forget till the day you die - My promise!

It's a crazy town with crazier people.
It is a town run and governed by the need to make money - lots of it in as short a time as possible.

It is estimated that you spend a typical (12 hours of the day in the work place), the hours between can be spent getting to work or leaving.
Fact: Your home or house is simply a stop over - eat (if you have the energy), sleep for five to six hours and then restart the whole fray again...

I know that a better life exists and I'm so seriously looking for it!
This is most definitely NOT that life...

Thank God - It's friday...

No comments: